Last Modified: Mar. 16, 2020
Collection and Use of Information
You may access and use many of our Services without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, some Services may require you to provide us with personal information (referred to for convenience as “Submission Pages”).
These Submission Pages collect information that you give us, for example, when you create an account with us; register for one of our paid events, download one of our publications; purchase a product; complete a form on the website; or subscribe to our publications and newsletters. The information collected includes (but is not limited to) your name, job title, employer name, address, email address, phone number, credit card or account information, photos, and information about your interests in and use of various products. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any personal data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain Services and for us to respond to you.
From time to time, Voice Tech Global receives personal information about individuals from authorized third parties and sources other than through a Voice Tech Global Service, such as our partners. This may happen, for example, if:
- Your employer, your colleague or another Voice Tech Global member signs you up for an event.
- You participate in an event which is co-sponsored or co-hosted by Voice Tech Global.
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you may consent to the processing of their personal data.
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Services and operating our business. We process your personal information for account administration, to deliver the products and services you require, and to inform you of Voice Tech Global-related events, meetings, content, initiatives and other benefits or opportunities associated with Voice Tech Global and the industry. We may also use this information to help understand your needs and interests to better tailor our products and services to meet your needs. We will use your information to respond to your questions. If we get personal information from a source outside of Voice Tech Global Services, we will treat the personal information in accordance with this Policy.
When Do We Disclose Your Data to Third Parties?
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this Policy or when we inform you. We do not sell personal information to anyone and only share your personal data with third parties for their use in authorized and necessary instances:
- You authorize the sharing of your data by registering to an event or conference where we share data with event co-sponsors.
- The information is provided to third-party service providers and Data Processors who perform functions on our behalf to process your data for one of the above services. These third parties may have access to or process your personal information as part of providing those services for us. Examples include companies that provide registration services for our events and companies that help to send our marketing email messages.
- Any personally identifiable information that you elect to make publicly available through our Services, will be available to others.
- If you consent to Voice Tech Global sharing your personal information.
- The information is provided in good faith to: comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or government agencies; to take precautions against liability; and/or to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our employees or others.
When we share information with third parties, we limit the information provided to what is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
As stated above, we collect different types of information from or through our Services. The legal bases for processing of personal data are primarily to enable us to provide our services to you.
Legitimate Business Interests: To provide you with information relating to our Services. To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service changes, that may affect our Services. If you are an existing member or customer, we may contact you with information about services similar to those provided to you by us in the past.
Performance of Contract: To meet our contractual commitments to you and in performance of contractual obligations to you.
User Consent: We may use your data so that you can be provided with information about services that may be of interest to you. We will follow applicable laws and regulations regarding consent to receive this information.
Your Choices and Control
Please contact us by using the details set out at the Contact Us section below if you wish to do any of the following:
- Confirm that Voice Tech Global is processing your personal data, or to have access to the personal data Voice Tech Global may have about you. Reasonable access to your personal data will be provided at no cost upon request.
- Correct any personal data that Voice Tech Global has that is inaccurate.
- Request that Voice Tech Global erase your personal data or stop processing it. Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Assert a complaint.
We provide many choices in relation to our marketing communications via an unsubscribe option on every marketing email, but you may also request that Voice Tech Global stop using your data for direct marketing purposes by using our Contact Us section. If you opt-out of marketing emails, we may still send you transactional and administrative emails about the Services you use.
Voice Tech Global retains personal data for the duration of the customer’s or member’s business relationship with Voice Tech Global and up to five years after the relationship ends. Subsequently, the data is stored for archival uses only.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us. In the event that personal information is compromised, we will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
Protecting the privacy of minors is especially important. Our site is not directed towards minors and Voice Tech Global does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from minors. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a minor, please contact us and we will delete that information.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any inquiry relating to your personal information, please send a message using the Contact Us section.