There are many ways in which technology can introduce bias towards the Black Community, or vice versa, and can help address it. In this panel discussion, we will bring together Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Data Scientists and Computational Linguists to talk about actionable ways to uncover biases, as well as discuss tools and processes to prevent them and help promote a more positive image of Black Communities.
It’s going to be an online event. Join us from wherever you are!
⏰ Agenda and format
- Interactive lead-in by Voice Tech Global
- Panel Discussion
- Audience Q&A
- Louis Byrd, Chief Visionary Officer @ Goodwim Design
- Saadia Gabrial, PhD Student @ University of Washington
- Charles Earl, Data Scientist @ Automattic
- Jamell Dacon, PhD Student @ Michigan State University
📚 Read up Before the Event
- Tech Inclusion: How culture may enhance conversational AI technology: Rethinking conversational AI design to be more culturally aware
- Bias in Cloud Sentiment Analysis APIs: Measuring gender and racial bias in sentiment analysis API from Google and Amazon Cloud
Connect with us on Social Media!